Work location: Tracadie-Sheila (or possibly Moncton, NB
Cube Automation has been on the forefront of important changes in the manufacturing sector since its inception. Technologies and solutions provided by Cube are now helping businesses throughout North America and abroad. Cube Automation integrates automation solutions that give customers the competitive edge they need to be successful in a rapidly changing world.
Cube Automation has an immediate need for a Mechanical Designer to become part of a dynamic team. The retained candidate will analyze client’s processes, design solutions, establish cost estimates, prepare and negotiate proposals and follow-up project activities to its completion.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mechanical Designer reports to the Department Manager and has the following responsibilities:
- Perform onsite manufacturing and process automation assessment
- Evaluation & design of factory layouts
- Research new equipment and recommend efficient combinations
- Recommend improvement solutions with costing & return on investment analysis
- Conducts research into conceptual feasibility studies
- Actively participate in the conception and design of mechanical systems
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Prepare contracts and tender documents
- Participate in the procurement of system equipment
- Supervise, monitor and inspect mechanical installations and construction projects
- Meet with clients as required to evaluate project progress and address any issues
- Perform other related tasks as required by the immediate supervision
- A bachelor’s or technologist degree in mechanical engineering or in a related discipline is required, with 5 years’ experience minimum
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to identify customer needs
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Proven experience in automation designs and construction activities
- Knowledge of boiler, refrigeration, compressor & other auxiliary systems is an asset
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD and Solid works. Experience with 3D Cad software is an asset
- Familiar with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Access
- Excellent team spirit
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Bilingual: English. French would be an asset.
If you are interested in this position and want to be part of our organization, please send your resume in confidence, indicating the reference number “218-RH-MecDesigner01” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (506) 393-6008
Mail: Cube Automation Inc.
2704-A rue Principale
Tracadie-Sheila, NB E1X 1A1